There are different types of permits that commercial motor vehicle owners must worry about including: trip permits, fuel permits, oversize permits and mileage permits. The most common of which are the mileage permits noteably for the states of Kentucky, New Mexico, New York and Oregon. Each of these states has its own requirement about when permits must be purchased and how long they will be valid for.

-Kentucky: Permits are purchased only once and never have to be renewd. Required for trucks over 60,000 lbs.

-New Mexico: Permits must be renewed every year usually by January 1st. Required for trucks over 26,000 lbs.

-New York: Permits must be renewed every 3 years and the renewal date depends on when you first purchase the permit. Required for trucks over 18,000 lbs.

-Oregon: Permits must be purchased along with a bond. Per-trip permits are also available. Required for trucks over 26,000 lbs.

All About Trucks provides the following permit services:

– Kentucky Permit (First Time)

– New Mexico Permit (First Time & Renewals)

– New York Permit (First Time / Oscar & Renewals)

– Oregon Permit (First Time & Renewal)






  starting at $35 starting at $30 starting at $30 starting at $30  

We are sorry but this service is temporarily unavailable online. To request this service

please call us at (224) 238 3155 or email